CSFC Brig Nabasa. PPU Photo
Brig. Don Nabasa is the current Commander of the Special Forces Command (CSFC). He assumed command of the Special Forces in January 2017, replacing Major General Muhoozi Kainerugaba, now the Senior Presidential Advisor for Special Operations.
He joined the Forces in 1998 and has undertaken the following Military courses;
- Officer Cadet Course -1998-1999
- Tank Crew and Command Course -2000
- Tank Platoon Commanders’ Course -2001
- Tank Company Commanders’ Course -2002
- Tank Battalion Commanders’ Course -2003
- Junior Command Course, India -2006
- Motorized Battalion Commanders’ Course -2008
- Junior Staff Course -2009
- Strategic Maritime Combating Terrorism Course, USA -2010
- Senior Command and Staff Course (SCSC) -2012
Brig Nabasa has held several appointments to include;
- Infantry Platoon Commander -1999
- Tank Platoon Commander -2000
- Brigade Operations Officer – 2004-2005
- Tank Squadron Commander -2000-2007
- Battalion Operations and Training Officer -2007-2008
- Battalion Commanding Officer -2008-2012
- Group Commander -2012-2016
- Deputy Commander Special Forces Command -2016-2017
- Commander Special Forces Command -2017 to date.
He also commanded Combat Operations in Somalia in 2014, at the height of Insurgency and Terrorism by the Al Shabab.
The CSFC is responsible for the command, control, and administration of Special Forces, he reports directly to the Chief of Defense Forces (CDF) and to the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces.